Saturday, May 16, 2009

My biggest project yet, coming in November!

I work in an office with 35 woman (all wonderful people that I love working with) and, as you know, are at the stage in their lives when they are having babies. I make a blanket for each of the babies that come and sometimes I fall a little behind (I love doing it, by my free time and energy do not always match up with the number of babies coming at work and church at any given time). I currently have 4 blankets to work on and a 5th friend who is expecting (I may do a sweater, hat and booties for her this time to mix things up a bit).

Anyway, the blue crocheted blanket I was talking about in my last post was really hanging me up a bit, because I had gotten a late start on it (I started after Christmas, but the baby was born in November.) I was making decent progress and suddenly found myself with zero energy or desire to work on it when I did have free time. And then, I started hating coffee, which was both perplexing to me and a sad loss to my knitting ritual. It all added up to this--I'm finally having my own baby. My husband and I are so excited; we'd almost given up. As I write this, I'm a bit over 14 weeks along. I'm starting to get some energy back and am trying hard to decide which blanket to do for our child.

We are hoping to find out the baby's gender in another 5 or 6 weeks, by which time I'm hoping that some of my other projects will be nearly finished so that I can make a few things before the baby comes.

No comments: