Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Blue Baby Blanket



I finished this blanket on July 23rd. It was done on size 9 circular needles with 132 stitches cast-on. The finished size was 26" x 34". The edge contained 14 rows of garter stitch. The outer 9 stitches on each side of the blanket were done in garter stitch. I used about 2.5 skeins of Caron Simply Soft yarn in Country Blue (the larger skeins). The pattern contained alternating 10 row sections of rib stitch and a basket stitch with 6 rows of garter stitch between each. The pattern started and ended with the basket stitch with 13 sections in all. This will be the last project for a little while, because I'll be busy with other things for a while.
Here is the pattern:
Starting and Finishing-
Cast on 132 stitches
First 14 rows: knit all stitches
Last 14 rows: knit all stitches
Main pattern:
Starting with 15th row (I will call it row one of pattern), repeat the following:
Row 1: K9, *k2, p2, repeat* until 9 from end, then k last 9
Row 2: K9, *p2, k2, repeat * until 9 from end, then k last 9
Rows 3: Row 2
Row 4: Row 1
Rows 5 & 6: rows 1&2 again
Rows 7 & 8: rows 3 and 4 again
Rows 9 & 10: row 1&2 again
Rows 11 - 16: knit all stitches
Rows 17, 19, 21, 23, 25: K9, *k2, p2, repeat * across to last 9 stitches
Rows 18, 20, 22, 24, 26: K9, *p2, k2, repeat * until 9 from end, then k last 9
Rows 27-32: knit all
Repeat rows 1 through 32 until you are satisfied with the length, then knit your last 14 rows for the top border.

3 comments:

Tiny Oak (Caviglia) said...

That turned out really nicely! I'm glad you got it done. Where's it going now?

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I gave it to someone I work with this morning. She's expecting her first boy next month. This pattern was really easy, but turned out looking like there was a bit more to it.

Anonymous said...

Cheri, Thank you for taking the time to post this pattern. I am excited to use the pattern. I am planning on this being my third blanket project. I know alot of people who are going to have baby's; so I am continueing to knit and give as gifts. I really appreciate your willingness to share.
Sincerely, Jane