Sunday, December 7, 2008

Finally, a red one!!

Cheri's latest project

Cheri's red blanket 1

Cheri's red blanket 2

Cheri's red blanket pattern

I had a friend who was having a baby boy this summer; she requested a red baby blanket. I was very happy to oblige, since I usually don't work in red (I've done lots of baby blankets lately).
This was a pattern out of one of the Debbie Macomber books. It was very easy, but very pretty. My mother said it was her favorite one so far. The color was by Caron (of course!). It was about 110 stitches across, but since I used two strands, it knit up very fast and made a good sized blanket.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was just surfing for a baby blanket pattern and saw this blanket. Very beautiful!!
Do you have a pattern you could share or tell me where to find this pattern?
Thank you!
Gina

CC said...

Gina, sorry for the late response. Our computer had a break-down and was in the shop since Sept 26. Thankfully, it's back. I can't share this pattern, because it's someone else's, but I can tell you where to find it. It was in one of the Debbie Macomber knitting books (I think the Cove one). She only has three or four short books, so it should be easy to find. I borrowed the book from my mother-in-law to make it, so I don't have the exact name. It was a very fun pattern I'd do again. It's pretty fast, because it uses a double strand of yarn.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Cheri.
I'll look for the Debbie Macomber books. It does look easy and fun to do.
Gina