Sunday, April 15, 2007

Finished Baby Blanket




I needed to have this first blanket done in a few weeks, so I started working on it exclusively. I finished it yesterday afternoon while my husband and I sat in a local coffee shop. I used a size-8 circular needle and almost 4 skeins (85 grams each) of Caron Simply Soft worsted weight yarn in Orchid. The blanket is 133 stitches across with a pattern repeating every 4 rows. The border is 7 stitches in garter stitch. There are about 42 repeats of the 4 row pattern. I took the stitch pattern from the blue book featured in my last post, multiplied out to create an appropriately sized blanket and then added my garter stitch border. I've made this pattern once before. My mother-in-law has since had the opportunity to make it many times. I think it will become a family favorite. I feel really happy with how it turns out. The finished dimensions are about 24" x 29".

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hooray for you. the blankets came out really nice. I am working on your new pattern and I love how it works up. I found an older style bunting that I want to make in a fingering weight yarn for a bitty baby and the make a smaller version of the new blanket to go with it. You inspire me with your excitment for knitting every day.
I look forward to seeing you soon.

mom

CC said...

Aah, that's sweet. I thought about calling to let you know I posted again, but I figured you'd find my entry pretty quickly. I can't wait to see your projects. Those Japanese patterns are so much fun. I'm glad we started the first one.

See you soon, Cheri